Saturday, September 02, 2006

Last year vs. This year

Last year: Big class sizes, including 48 freshmen in one class for the first two days of school
This year: Big class sizes, including 33 freshmen in one class for the entire year

Last year: Administration told me they would work to correct my schedule: they did
This year: Administration told me they would work to correct my schedule: they didn't

Last year: I have to teach three different classes (English I and II, Learning Strategies)
This year: I have to teach four different classes (English I, II, and III, Learning Strategies)

Last year: Kids constantly testing me, calling me Mr. Gay-bear
This year: Kids know me/know of me, respect me, adore me

Last year: Only white guy on the block
This year: One of three white male English teachers in the school (I get called Mr. Weimer a lot)

Last year: Across the hall from Special Ed, down the hall from Lilly Chang
This year: Across the hall from Jess Wysopal, down the hall from Mr. Weimer

Last year: Broke up a fight every week
This year: Haven't broken up a fight yet

Last year: Lots of detentions and demerits
This year: Fewer major consequences, more copying lines

Last year: I tell my students I am old, late twenties
This year: I tell my students the truth: I'm 24 and beautiful

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home